Monday, August 4, 2008

And it begins . . .

So I finally have my first class of the summer. . .too bad it is almost Fall so it barely even counts. My bank account has shrunk so much it can be considered a natural disaster area.

Anyhoo, class starts tomorrow and the hounds have already been released upon me. Questions, questions, questions, how do I find the discussion questions, I don't understand how to write the paper, can you think for me so I don't have to? So far it has only been three or four students and if this is as bad as it gets, even at three to four emails a day per student, I guess I can count myself lucky. After all it could be a lot worse.

Let's see what hits the proverbial fan tomorrow. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just tell 'em the course hasn't opened yet, please read the course info and FAQs, and post questions in the Q&A [email is reserved for personal grade questions].

That's what I do. I rarely get more than 3-4 emails a WEEK.

Good luck -- I'm still ending summer classes -- fall doesn't begin for me until last week of Aug and first week in Sept.

~VP~

IPG said...

I always set up a Q and A section.
It is a life saver. Then I explain to students why I want to use the Q and A section as opposed to 100's of emails. :)
It works for me. :)